Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Anybody using or tried a Line lock on your rear brakes
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

I hear they will damage your hydraulics if you use them for long periods of time, like overnight.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I want to use it like a parking brake to hold jeep on steep climbs.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

I think that would be fine. Also useful when winching. Are you planning on using mechanical line locks or electric?
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I used to install them on motorhomes, works like a charm. You can chose the solenoid kind or the one with a lever. Both work well the electric one is easier to install, cut the line double flare both ends end you are good to go.
          What are you all changing now Curtis?

Comment

Well Art as you know I'am getting a little slow in my old age. I was at the hammers last weekend at night and spun my rear backing plates. LOL!!!

Comment

I have them on my rear brakes, one for each side. Similar to cutting brakes. They work okay as cutting brakes, they work well for parking brakes. Having a Detroit in the rear does not help the curring brake thing.

As for holding your jeep still on big rocks and stuff, I am a bad info source as my rear brakes stink.

I would think it would work pretty well. You may need to put in an adjustable proportioning valve so you can get the correct pressure to your rear brakes. Other than that it should be pretty straight forward.
              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

The buggy guys use them and swear by them.

Comment

whats a line lock

Comment

It's for "hill holding". U step on the brakes and push a button or flip a lever. Release the brake pedal
                    and the brakes are still "on" till you hit the switch or button again.
                    Real handy to "pre-load" your driveline so you don't roll back and to reduce wheel spin in the "marbles".
                    Respectfully,
                    LG
                    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Here’s a fun one.. Has anyone ever tried using a cutting break on the front axle? It would be a cheap traction device. If you had a tire in the air you could apply breaking pressure to just that wheel.
                      Last edited by OU812; 07-20-09, 10:19 AM.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

It might jerk the steering out of your hands when locking a front wheel cutting brakes work wonders in the rear though

Comment

I am thinking when you are going slow, even stopped. When one tire is in the air. I guess if it was accidentally touched on the highway it could be dangerous.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

If you lock one front wheel when going slow, it will try to move the other wheel the force of it will yank the steering wheel out of your hand kind of like pushing one wheel up agains a big rock.

Comment

Wouldn't a locker do the same then? I guess since the torque is being applied to the brakes instead of the carrier it changes things.
                              Those left standing
                              Will make millions
                              Writing books on ways
                              It should have been
                              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                              X