Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead jeep

Need help 91-93 yj 4.0 crusing down frwy and she stops running turns over but wont start have gas its dark im tired will check spark tommorrow can you guys tell me what to look for ? And were its at thanks

If no spark and you do all the basic stuff like power to the coil and such, then the crank sensor could very well be the culprit. Other than that ASD relais, fuel pump relais. You kinda have to narrow it down.
    On Chrysler vehicles when crancking the ecm gets a crank signal from the cranck sensor then it activates the asd relais and the fuel pump relais
    This gives power to the ignition system and fuel pump
    From there the ignition and the fuel injectors will do their thing

Comment

Thanks ART I'll check that out when i get home .Rick

Comment

When mine went bad my symptoms were the same as yours. It seems to be a weak link and it is kind of buried and not a quick easy change. I'm thinking of spares I should be carrying and that is one of them. Fuel pump and starter being a couple of others.
        Gregg Turk
        West Oak Hills
        greggturk.com
        95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

Sounds like the fuel pump to me from what you described.
          Last edited by Drewminator; 07-10-09, 09:36 AM.
          Drew
          95yj Six Pack

Comment

X2 on the fuel pump. My 94 had similar symptoms - for a while it would die at speed - you could push in the clutch, switch the ignition to off and back on again - let the clutch back out and she'd fire right back up. Changing the pump cured it.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
            X