Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Power?

Hey has anyone thougt of, know of someone who has or has themselves, supercharged a 4.2? That would keep the weight down in the jeep and get the horsepower way up, just a thought.

Have not heard of anyone supercharging a motor, but changing gears can make a huge difference. Good air intake, headers, and bigger less restrictive pipe can make a big change.
    What do you plan to do with the CJ. For good wheeling/rockcrawling you need torque and gearing.
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I've thought of both supercharging and turbocharging my 4.0. A friend-of-a-friend has a turbocharged 4.0 TJ that runs like a raped ape, but a naturally aspirated, souped-up Chevy smallblock Jeep blew his doors off in a drag race.

Either would work, but supercharging would make more sense for most types of offroading since there is no lag and plenty of bottom end. A turbo mainly shines at higher rpms since it's powered by engine exhaust.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

I'm not sure the vintage 4.2L CJ engine could hold up with a surecharger. What kind of wheeling do you do? 4xing in a Jeep is usually all about the gearing & low end torque. I guess a turbocharged CJ ould be good on sand dunes or in mud.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

You might check with these folks........

www.avengersuperchargers.com

they specialize in Jeep superchargers. I rode in one....it was fast. Don't know anything about reliability or anything like that. That Jeep did have some serious get up and go....so much so I did not think it a jeep.
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Not sure what the labor is. But, for $5000 I would think there is other options? Small block Chevy, stroker, etc?

Comment

Working...
            X