Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" or 6"

i am about to buy my lift for the 05 LJ Rubi. but am not sure which way i want to go. The lift is the RC X-Series they are only about $50 different from each other, but i am not sure i want to buy a new rear drive shaft right now, or if i will really need it. any thoughts?

Ron:dunno:

it alldepends on what you do with your rig man. what size tires you want to run, how much of a challenge you want the trails to be. 6" is awfull tall, might get kinda tippy. is yours a 4door?

Comment

35's

I am going to run 35's thats the other reason I wasn't sure which ride hight to go with. also i am not sure what would be required to run 35" tires on a 4" lift. No my jeep only has two doors

Comment

i think, and dont quote me, but 4 inch lift with a 1inch body? fits 35's. are you planning on lockers or anything?

Comment

I am 4 inches lifted with 1 inch body lift and fit 35's comfortably!! Not sure I'd wanna go higher. I was just as happy on a 2 inch spacer and 33's and could keep up with alot of the taller rigs but didnt have the high center of gravity

Comment

Is the lift you are looking at a short arm lift kit if so stay with 4" lift. It will ride better and with 4" pf ;oft and a 1" body lift it will clear 35" tires just fine.

Comment

thanks

hey guys thanks for the advise. i will be ordering the lift tonight and hopefully installing it next weekend.

thanks again its cool to have people to help out with ideas and advise!!
              Ron

Comment

I run with a club, and we have 5 LJ's and all the rigs that run 35 tires have had problems with lockers, and bending the axle tubes.
                Dana 44 Rubicon axles are not very strong, being they are a hybrid, Dana 44 pumpkin and Dana 30 tubes and outer parts.
                I run 33's and have had no problems at all. I have the Full Traction 4" Long Arm, and I am using Rubicon Express 4.5" springs, and have no clearance or rubbing issues.
                06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

x2 on the 4" lift and 1" body

Yeah, with 35" tires you might want to get a hold of a welder and put some trussing on those axles to keep them going for now, I am amazed that everyone now knows what the LJ "44's" are like, and nobody seems to be trussing them up before they fail, to keep them from failing. I think you can get some time outta them with just a lil messaging. :2:
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                  X