Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fabbing new mirror brackets

I started fabbing my custom mirror brackets. They won't be sticking out that far.

jeff

C'mon man, for $40.00 you could have some Omix-Ada brackets that look like they were welded by Stevie Wonder after doing a lot coke.

Seriously, I like what you're doing; I was thinking of using those windshield guards as a mounting point for stuff too, but I went a different route. Expect me to post up pics of my custom windshield frame soon.

My .02: put a hinge on those babies, or you'll wish you did--assuming you wheel the thing anywhere interesting.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
      C'mon man, for $40.00 you could have some Omix-Ada brackets that look like they were welded by Stevie Wonder after doing a lot coke.

Seriously, I like what you're doing; I was thinking of using those windshield guards as a mounting point for stuff too, but I went a different route. Expect me to post up pics of my custom windshield frame soon.

My .02: put a hinge on those babies, or you'll wish you did--assuming you wheel the thing anywhere interesting.
      They will be hinged. I'm probably making the mounts out of 6AL4V Titanium and the vertical brace for the mirror to mount to.

Jeff

Comment

Titanium alloy!? Why? Are you going to bolt them on? You got a line on some cheap titanium? BTW, what are you using to bend your tubing?
        holes = cowbell

Comment

I can always count on you to include at least one booby shot. lol
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Shows my age and ever decreasing hormonal level. I was more interested in what is under the red tarp.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
              Shows my age and ever decreasing hormonal level. I was more interested in what is under the red tarp.

I'm sorry but that is not a red tarp! The is a RED Corvette car cover.

And here is what is under that red car cover.....

Our Corvette

RallyeX

Comment

it's nice to know somebody is living the good life...
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

The hell with the jeep that is flat out the best looking corvette I have seen.... The rims set it off

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Man View Post
                    The hell with the jeep that is flat out the best looking corvette I have seen.... The rims set it off
                    Thanks!

The Corvette is my wife's daily driver.

Today at work I made the mounting plates for the mirrors to mount to. Still have to cut the tubes to length. I also have to make the hinges for mounting them to the window frame guards.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

The mirrows look great. I need to figure out a way to do this so that I have some mirrows when the doors are off. Nice view.

Mitch

Comment

Jeff, are those immitation Bead Locks on the Vette??

LOL

You need to come next month with us on the Rubicon!

mark

Comment

I’d bet that those are REAL three piece wheels. You know, so you can change wheel offsets for different tracks.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Today I got the mirror brackets I made welded on. Tomorrow I will paint them.

JEff

Comment

Jeff,

Nice clean job! Looks like a perfect way to wear the mirrors regardless of which doors that you are running. Good job!

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X