Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank?

Can the 97TJ with the 15 gal be converted to the 20 gal tank?

Converted? Do you mean changed? I would assume yes. I know with certain years of YJ's, they all had a 20 gallon tank, but on the "15 gallon" version, the filler hose went in further, allowing the pump to only fill it up with 15 gallons. A simple mod is to shorten the filler hose, thus allowing the pump to pump in 20 gallons.

Comment

Originally posted by smashcoast View Post
      Can the 97TJ with the 15 gal be converted to the 20 gal tank?
      Everybody will tell you yes. There's a few write-ups I have bookmarked at work and will post tomorrow (if I remember).

I was unable to modify my tank to hold any more capacity than it currently holds. Most gas I've ever fit in was about 13.5 gallons after the tank skid swap. When I dropped my tank I pulled the pump, stuck my hand in the tank and there was no, i repeat no "4-6 inches of vent hose" for me to cut to increase the capacity of my tank. I have heard of others with success.

My 97 was built in July of 96, so it was one of the early TJs, maybe they switched parts?
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Does anyone have a picture and/or physical dimensions of the 15 gallon tank?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Well mine was built in March of 96 so maybe I cant do it either?

I guess I will try it when I get my Gas tank skid plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
            Does anyone have a picture and/or physical dimensions of the 15 gallon tank?
            I want to build a mounting system using unistrut for the rear of my Jeep... I figure I'll have to drop the tank to get under the tub (for strength) so I can measure the tank whenever I get around to that project. (That could be years)...
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I HAVE THE TANK YOU WANT $50.00 and its yours easy cheap fix

Comment

Working...
              X