X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another steering question!!!

Another steering question!!!

Good afternoon fellow Jeepers!

I’m running into a little snag. I have a 1982 Jeep CJ7 with a 4.5” suspension lift, and a 1” BL. I run 35” BFG A/T tires, and all in all it runs nice and straight down the road.

So, here is the question… I noticed that the Jeep’s steering wheel will only turn about 1.25 times left, but it will about 2.5 times to the right. What might this be? What can I do to change it?

Thanks!

I had the same problem with mine after doing a 4" spring lift and 2" body lift on my 84 CJ7. I corrected mine by repositioning the drop pitman arm. I was off by about 10 degrees, which doesn't look like much, but it is.

Comment

Good call cweed!
      I had the same problem with a Bronco.... Make sure that u do have a drop pitman arm first? Then do what cweed said about repositioning! See if that works?

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! I'll check it out tomorrow. Need some light! HAHA! Thanks again!

Comment

Well, I checked the pitman arm. I do have a drop, but it seems to be a tad bit off. I'm going to adjust the steering arm, and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
          X