Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Alignment

After a weekend of 4x'n with my full doors removed, I went to install the passenger side door and noticed that the window frame was back about 1/2" at the top and wouldn't allow the door to shut.......!

Has anyone else had this happen?

How are you removing your doors, are you lifting one hinge half out of the other hinge half or are you unbolting the hinges themselves?

Or was the trail tough enough that you might have tweeked the body which is pretty darned unusual for a TJ?
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I always remove the doors by un-bolting the hinge-pins (nuts) on each door and lifting straight-up. We did do some crawling, Gatekeeper, Doran & Odessa again without any issues! but this was the first time with the doors removed. Maybe twisted something underneath, still looking around to see if anything looks tweaked, besides the normal rock rash. I checked all body mounts, control arms and track bars.

Still nothing........

Comment

your out of control Keith. You dont need doors.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by INTO4XN View Post
          I always remove the doors by un-bolting the hinge-pins (nuts) on each door and lifting straight-up. We did do some crawling, Gatekeeper, Doran & Odessa again without any issues! but this was the first time with the doors removed. Maybe twisted something underneath, still looking around to see if anything looks tweaked, besides the normal rock rash. I checked all body mounts, control arms and track bars.

Still nothing........
          Heh, good job on managing Gatekeeper with no issues which is a feat in and of itself.
          The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
            your out of control Keith. You dont need doors.
            The way things are going, ur right?

Comment

maybe you bumped one of the hinges.
              i have bent and re-bent those damn hinges over and over. at this point the hinges are all misshapen to make the soft doors fit in the hole
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                maybe you bumped one of the hinges.
                i have bent and re-bent those damn hinges over and over. at this point the hinges are all misshapen to make the soft doors fit in the hole
                I did check the hinges thinking the same thing. Not a scratch on them plus the door pins slid right in place? I did measure the distance between the top hinge and door latch on the passenger side then, the driver’s side at the same points. The passenger side was a further distance by about 3/8" and the reveal is all jacked as well, almost like I had a bow in the body tub. For now I gave up, like Josh said, who needs doors. I’m still open for suggestions.

Comment

You're a maniac, Keith!!! Congrats on the conquering the GateKeeper, again. Sounds like something might have twisted on you. I'll be interested in hearing what you find out. Let me know if you need an extra hand. You could always go with some cheap tube doors . . . the ones I just put on took a sledge and drill to convince them to fit, who knows they might fit yours perfect!
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

the bestop soft doors are nice.
                    they fill the hole and are easily bent to match the transforming hole shape
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                      You're a maniac, Keith!!! Congrats on the conquering the GateKeeper, again. Sounds like something might have twisted on you. I'll be interested in hearing what you find out. Let me know if you need an extra hand. You could always go with some cheap tube doors . . . the ones I just put on took a sledge and drill to convince them to fit, who knows they might fit yours perfect!
                      Here's what I found that might have happened!! The tubes that mount on each side of the windshield frame, going back to the roll bar, have elongated slots with one star bolt under the padding on each side. After removing the two bolts (at the windshield frame) I noticed that the frame sprung forward, loosened the star bolt (on the tube) and slid it forward, tight to the windshield frame? That helped the reveal along the top door frame but didn’t work at the latch? Almost like the door & hinges moved forward about 3/8”? The driver’s side perfect. I keep trying.........

Comment

Working...
                      X