Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I finally picked up the manual and I did exactly what the book said to do, Pull the extra fuse out of the fuse box that is behind the glove box and install it in the fuse box that is in the motor compartment marked "clutch bypass" now I have the 4x4 symbol on, is that normal?
    Confused
    Fredo

Comment

Duh! That was it--I just put that fuse in when I pulled the other. Pulling a fuse to bypass the clutch sounded backwards, and it was. Glad you got it fixed.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
        Why would you want to re-enable the interlock Mat? Mine has been bypassed since the first weekend my then-new '97 TJ was home. Afterall, this interlock thing is a recent history insult to our intelligence that only the liability lawyers made the manufacturers add. My TJ is the first stick shift I've ever owned in over 45 years of driving that had a clutch interlock.
        Jerry, I've already heard your opinion on that subject, and you're even the reason I put the sentence in about why I wanted to re-enable the clutch switch. You should feel special!

Originally posted by http://jeep.matandtiff.com/projects/clutch-by-pass-switch/
        Some people like to always bypass the clutch switch, however this being my first manual vehicle, as well as the possibility of the wife driving it, I decided I’d rather have a “selectable” method of over-riding the clutch switch
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Fredo View Post
          Yes, I finally picked up the manual and I did exactly what the book said to do, Pull the extra fuse out of the fuse box that is behind the glove box and install it in the fuse box that is in the motor compartment marked "clutch bypass" now I have the 4x4 symbol on, is that normal?
          Confused
          Fredo
          Yeah, that's normal. I have an '05 and it works the same way. I only make the swap when I am on the trail.

Scott

Comment

Thanks for letting me know thats it's normal, I guess I will do the same..Only on the trails.
            Fredo

Comment

I knew there was a better picture of this... digging through old bookmarks (cleaning out old dead links, better organizing, etc.) I found it:

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Fredo this is what I did since the clutch bypass messes with the 4x4 light and so forth on my 4 popper it raises the idle also, not only that if you permanently bypass it on a late model TJ it will not start after several minutes, so I simply got a push button and scotch locked it on the 2 wires coming from the clutch switch, Had to do this since the clutch switch craps out in cooler weather. On the newer stuff you have to go this route since its rigged into the ecm to keep you from engaging the starter when the engine runs

Comment

Working...
                X