Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ: 4x4 light in cab?

I noticed yesterday after taking the Jeep home the 4x4 light was out. So, on the way home, it was in 4x4 high. Lucky top speed was about 45-50mph. Not sure what max is on 4x4 high? I am wondering if a wire came loose when I got stuck in the sand? Is there a wire under there that can come loose?

sounds like vaccume disconnect issues to me, check yer front axle vaccume lines...
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I have the same problem but worse. My three left gauges don’t work. So no 4WD indicator, no fuel gauge, and no temp gauge. I have had the dash of three times now checking grounds. I need to buy some beer for someone with some electrical skills. Check you vacuum disconnect first though because it is easy. Here is a diagram for the lines.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

4x4 does seem to work. SO, I assume the vacumm line is ok. I'll check. Thanks!

Comment

Ron,

Notice the 2 wires comming into or (out of) the indicator switch at the axle shift motor. Check these, one may be loose or not making contact. You might need to trace those back into the cab and to the fuse block or to the gauge it's self to find the problem. If the front axle engages, then its a wire problem. The vacuum system is prone to failure!! I got rid of that whole vacuum system and went with the Posi lok system for the front. It was about $199. new when I bought it, looks like it went up a bit. Or you can do like Mitch (Great88) did get the one piece front axle and replace that 2 piece unit. Check with him on his one piece axle conversion and I believe he told me he still has his old Posi Lok system, if he does, maybe he'd be interested in selling it. You sure don't want to be out wheeling and have that vacuum system fail.

Here's a link to the Posi Lok system: http://www.quadratec.com/products/52435_01.htm

A buddy and I installed it in about two hours. Piece O' :cake:

Scott
          Last edited by avjeepfreek; 06-01-09, 10:39 AM.
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Thanks guys! The plug ws undone. Pushed it back on.

Comment

Working...
            X