Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah he had it out already and brought it to them.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
      Yeah he had it out already and brought it to them.
      How difficult is that?

Comment

unbolt motor mounts, exahust, a couple sensors, manifolds, power steering, alternator, mech fan, A/C. Not too hard really. I have a friend that would probably do it all for you if you could leave it for a week or two. Lemme know.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

unbolt motor mounts, exahust, a couple sensors, manifolds, power steering, alternator, mech fan, A/C. Not too hard really. I have a friend that would probably do it all for you if you could leave it for a week or two. Lemme know.
          How much? 2weeks ok? Need it by June. Have a planned vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
            How much? 2weeks ok? Need it by June. Have a planned vacation
            lemme talk to him and ill PM you about it.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

lemme talk to him and ill PM you about it.
              Sounds good.

Comment

$1200! Victorville, downtown, 'The Engine Shop' they will do the whole thing for less than that! You might want to just make sure your rings didn't line up :devil: X2 on the head job, it's not too hard to yank the whole thing though...
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

How do they tell is the #3 is bad? The test shows 100%?

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                    $1200! Victorville, downtown, 'The Engine Shop' they will do the whole thing for less than that! You might want to just make sure your rings didn't line up :devil: X2 on the head job, it's not too hard to yank the whole thing though...

I think I called him. He wanted $1100 for the valve job. I can go to Riverside for $950 for complete rebuild. Sigh! Didn't count on this. I have lived up here 7yrs and always find cheaper prices down the hill. People up here complain no work, jobs, etc. But its hard when you can drive a little and save a lot!

Comment

You thought getting it home was a hassle....
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        You thought getting it home was a hassle....
                        NO KIDDING! :angry:

lol!!!

Comment

wow, well I might have gotten a better price than I thought, I wheel with the owners son ... sorry ... you know you can prolly get a whole engine & just drop it in ...

(this should be good for sum ribbing)

WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL SCOTTY'S IN FONTANA? :devil:
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                            wow, well I might have gotten a better price than I thought, I wheel with the owners son ... sorry ... you know you can prolly get a whole engine & just drop it in ...

(this should be good for sum ribbing)

WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL SCOTTY'S IN FONTANA? :devil:
                            I think I am going to just do the $950 as posted above. Seems like a fair price.

Comment

Depending on the miles on the engine and the leak down results on the other cylinders it might not need an engine, kinda silly to replace a good engine if all it needs is a valve kob and hes it common practice to only replace badly worn or burned valves
                              the others are reconditioned on a machine called a valve grinder. Provided its a burned valve the big question is why did it burn, quite often there is a underlying problem like an intake leak of some sort.
                              It's your money of course, but hate to tell you rebuilt engines aren't always where its at. Having the one rebuilt that you have is often the better way to go especially if you know it has not been abused.
                              If you have some time on Memorial day you can swing by my house and I'll take a look at your Jeep.
                              You can take things from there

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                                Depending on the miles on the engine and the leak down results on the other cylinders it might not need an engine, kinda silly to replace a good engine if all it needs is a valve kob and hes it common practice to only replace badly worn or burned valves
                                the others are reconditioned on a machine called a valve grinder. Provided its a burned valve the big question is why did it burn, quite often there is a underlying problem like an intake leak of some sort.
                                It's your money of course, but hate to tell you rebuilt engines aren't always where its at. Having the one rebuilt that you have is often the better way to go especially if you know it has not been abused.
                                If you have some time on Memorial day you can swing by my house and I'll take a look at your Jeep.
                                You can take things from there

Good question. I did see a receipt he replaced the intake manifold about 2yrs ago.

That rebuilt place does my motor. Not an exchange.

Comment

Working...
                                X