Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news on motor...SIGH!

Well, the miss I had in the motor and low power (I thought) turns out Jeep needs a valve job? or motor rebuild? SIGH!! #3 is at 60% he said. He just got the news from tech. He will have an estimate and everything in about an hour. Anyone know what that should run? Anyone a mechanic that wants to help?

Any input would be great.

Ron
    Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-19-09, 11:20 AM.

I remember my buddy got his HO fully rebuilt for around $800 here in Riverside. Ran really strong after that.

If it just needs the head rebuilt it shouldnt be too much at all.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Sry to hear that. I wish I was smart enough to help you. If you pay the mechanic will it be done in time to go wheeling this weekend?
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

60% what? leak down? I would imagine he did a leak down on it and its leaking 60%. Try and source a rebuilt or low mile head or complete engine. If it were me I would just try to find a low mile replacement and call it good.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
          I remember my buddy got his HO fully rebuilt for around $800 here in Riverside. Ran really strong after that.

If it just needs the head rebuilt it shouldnt be too much at all.
          Can you post the name/number?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
            60% what? leak down? I would imagine he did a leak down on it and its leaking 60%. Try and source a rebuilt or low mile head or complete engine. If it were me I would just try to find a low mile replacement and call it good.
            He said he did a leak down.

Comment

Burnt valve #3....$1200 for valve job. They only replaced bad valves though. Is that normal? Tell me someone has a place cheaper! Pleeeeease

Comment

$1200.00 and they just replace the bad valves!!

That sounds way too high, keep lookin.

Wish I could help ya with this one Ron.

Duke69 has a point. A replacemnt engine would be less that that.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                  Can you post the name/number?
                  A & R Engine Rebuilding
                  9800 Indiana Ave # 10
                  Riverside, CA 92503
                  (951) 509-0286‎

My buddy said, they rebuilt his 4.0 HO for $900 with a 1-year 36,000 mile warranty.
                  |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

A & R Engine Rebuilding
                    9800 Indiana Ave # 10
                    Riverside, CA 92503
                    (951) 509-0286‎

My buddy said, they rebuilt his 4.0 HO for $900 with a 1-year 36,000 mile warranty.

I have to have it off the Jeep already. then they want $168

Comment

Yeah youll find most places would rather have only the motor or it cost more. Its really not that bad of a job to pull it...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Ok. Luis "Obezzo's Auto Repair", a guy he recommended wants $700 to do it. 6month warranty/6,000 miles.
                        Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-19-09, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah youll find most places would rather have only the motor or it cost more. Its really not that bad of a job to pull it...
                          Want to earn some extra money ?

Comment

6,000 miles? Thats barely broken in... Id rather pay the extra $200 for the extra 30,000 miles.

my .02

Id love to earn some extra money, but were so swammped with work already im not sure how long itd be before i could get to it. PM me what all youd need done and ill see what we can do.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

6,000 miles? Thats barely broken in... Id rather pay the extra $200 for the extra 30,000 miles.

my .02
                              So he brought them the motor for $900?

Comment

Working...
                              X