Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinion angle

I had a shop shorten and balance my front driveshaft. Before I did that I had a vibe issue. I now took the rear driveshaf off and the vibe is gone with the new front in. I measured pinion angle - rear is 23 pinion 23 driveshaft, so equal. Front is 14 and 14 equal. I noticed my transfer case is sitting a little of my axle pinion, how much off is ok. Why am I getting these vibes at 55 60 mph.. I'm thinking now its rear shaft balancing.

Which control arms and how do I offset 1 or 2 degree for axle roll. When I take off it kinda does the wiggle and at speed vibe, i thought it was pinion angle, but its true. So, what do I do?

Comment

Your rear pinion should point straigh at the transfercase yole, so no equal angles like a regular drive shaft

Comment

correct. For a cv the angle of the pinion should be the same as the drive shaft angle. But I dont understand why im getting all this vibration. Im taking the driveshaft in tommorrow. Maybe its off balance.

Comment

I had the rear driveshaft cut and balanced, and yet at 65-70 mph I get a vibration. I think the driveshaft is not well balanced. Got tired of messing with this piece of ..... so I ordered a new Tom Woods. I hope this solves the issue.

Comment

Have you had your tires balanced lately? If not have them done on a road force machine.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Im running balancing beeds within the tire. Tires are well balanced. When I had the rear shaft off all was great, no vibes. So I know its all about the rear driveshaft.

Comment

Working...
              X