Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAI on a Wrangler?

Is anyone running a CAI on their wrangler? If so, which one? If not, why?

Thanks guys

Where does the cold air come in from? If it is an open element that terminates underhood where all the trapped heat is then it Won't be a true CAI.
    A snorkel is a true CAI since it draws in air from outside of the engine compartment as are some of the custom setups I have seen that draw in air from the cowl area or interior.

Unless you have to move your factory air box for other reasons, there is little to no gain over a stock air box w/ a clean, efficient filter element. I won't go into the battle over filters choices but Please choose one that actually Filters the air if you plan on wheeling in the dusty deserts and mountains around So-Cal. (k&n aint IT either) FWIW, the Amsoil Ea series dry filter is similar in design to AEM, etc dry air filters. No oil, great filtration and great efficiency and drop right into the stock air box for about $45 shipped to your door. (end commercial here)

Comment

Correct. That's a lazy term "CAI". There is a CAI (draws cold air from the outside) and a short ram (draws warm air from the engine). :wink:

I found these Now which one...lol. Hummm
      http://www.amsoil.com/products/ea_fi..._and_Specs.pdf
      #EaAU3560 or EaAU3050 (AMSoil part numbers) looks close to what a k&n cai comes with.
      Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-09-09, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Based on k&n filter info, you need a 3.5" filter opening diamter so the EaAu3555 or 3560 would be closest dimension fit.
        3560 being a 1/2" bigger diameter, 1/2" shorter overall length.
        Keep bigger chunks out and help waterproof it better w/ a filter cover, #EaPF11.
        LMK if you would like a quote on any of the Amsoil products. I offer My cost + 10% to MJR members (and any Jeepers for that matter) w/out need to join as a preferred customer, etc. unless you want to save more.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
          Based on k&n filter info, you need a 3.5" filter opening diamter so the EaAu3555 or 3560 would be closest dimension fit.
          3560 being a 1/2" bigger diameter, 1/2" shorter overall length.
          Keep bigger chunks out and help waterproof it better w/ a filter cover, #EaPF11.
          LMK if you would like a quote on any of the Amsoil products. I offer My cost + 10% to MJR members (and any Jeepers for that matter) w/out need to join as a preferred customer, etc. unless you want to save more.

I need the 3" it says (link below). I also need the "pre filter". Can you get me a price on both?
          http://www.turbocity.com/product_inf...e5e323e32fbf7c

Also, not to put you on the spot...Can you compare your AMSoil to the Uni-filter? Is there a graph to view?
          Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-09-09, 11:25 AM.

Comment

i have an el cheapo "cai" its this stainless tube that completely replaced the stock airbox, the bracket it came with didnt fit so now its cabletied up off the motor...some people say that they dont really do much, same with throttle body spacers, but since my additon of both to my little 2.5L i have noticed better mileage and more power/better response when i put the hammer down. i know a few people who have had good luck useing simple abs pipe from home depot to make their own snorkle, if you dont mind the look. have you considered a real hood scoop with a custom intake?

Comment

I have actually. That's why I am "talking" it out..lol Just to make sure its the drection I want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                I need the 3" it says (link below). I also need the "pre filter". Can you get me a price on both?
                http://www.turbocity.com/product_inf...e5e323e32fbf7c

Also, not to put you on the spot...Can you compare your AMSoil to the Uni-filter? Is there a graph to view?
                Sorry, No comparison of the two brands. I still believe that dry filter technology is better for Filtering ability than any oiled product. k&n said it themselves when they stated that their air filters filter better as they load up. Gotta wonder what it is they do when they are clean then? I feel the same about oiled foam variations.

Comment

Working...
                X