Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust System

I'm looking into getting a new exhaust system for my 74 CJ5 and I'm running into a bunch of different options..... so now I'm confused. I have a inline 6 cyl with single exhaust. My kids love wheeling and love the noise of glass packs. So I'm being told that I can go dual exhaust with one pack or two with the same amount of noise? I'm looking at either the "Cherry Bombs" or the "Magnaflow". Also I'm being told I will gain no more noise if I just stayed with a single exhaust system. Again my kids like the noise and I would prefer the deeper sound with the Cherry Bombs. Any ideas?
    thanks,
    Dave

go get a Harley... :devil:
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I have heard CJs with glass packs and cherry bombs. I think they sound crappy. They make it sound tinny like you are trying too hard to make it loud. If you are looking for noise I would recommend the Magnaflow out of the three. And keep it single pipe. You will like the sound better.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

There's a new Cherry Bomb glass pack called the Vortex. I belive it's been toned down a little from the original ones.

Comment

i like the sound of the flowmaster 40's. but im going to go with purple hornies on my MJ just to aggitate people off when i drive around.
          :devil: Giffer

Comment

purple hornies with flaps on them or tips? i love stacks with flaps so badass. dont go with a glasspack, they always sound bad "imo" i had good sound from my flowpro muffler on my 97 2.5L

Comment

I run a V6 dauntless in my cj6. I drop from the engine into headers, no cross over and strait into a set of glass pack cherry bombs then turn out before rear wheel.
              Sounds killer. kinda loud when first started but it settles down once fast idle is past and I get no complaints from the neighbors. I really like the cherry bombs. Especially when the dauntless is loping at idle. Once at speed they have that classic sound we have all come to love. Aint engines grand?
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
              X