Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ: want to go higher...

i have a 2.5 in lift on a 95 yj. its a rubicon lift kit. now i want to go 4 inches. what do i have to do. do i need a whole new 4 inch lift kit or can i just add a higher leaf spring? what will i need to do?

well, why do you want to go higher? what tire size are you wanting to run? I would reccomend the Rubicon Express 4.5 xtreme duty kit, but you can prolly get away with just ordering the springs and Currie boomerang greasable shackles. you will need a fixed yoke kit for the t-case and a new rear driveshaft if you havent done that conversion allready, but you can ditch the trackbars and sway bars, oh, and you need new front brake lines and 4 new shocks...
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

im running on 33's and they rub. and it doesn't flex as good.

Comment

yeah, the rubicon kit will get yer flex goin, and you won't rub w/33's. I am running the 4.5" and a 1" body lift, and I'm runnin 35" MTR's... you know what, if you don't have a 1" bodylift, that may be yer solution, and you will save lotsa $$ vrs. a lift kit. as for flex, if you are still running trackbars and a swaybar, there you go. take'em off, you don't need 'em. A poly 1" body lift kit will run you maybe $100- vrs the rubicon xpress (4 springs) $750- all 4 shackles $130- slip yoke kit + driveshaft $500-

just my :2: but you maybe try the 1" lift and toss the bars, I think you will be happy (for now)...
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Yesterday I made a track bar quick disconnect for $2.50. Just a clevis pin and washers. I DD my jeep so I thought Id keep it. Works like a champ.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
          X