Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ: Questions about Rock Sliders

I really need to put some rock sliders on my Scrambler.

It seems that there are 2 schools of thought with these.

Some sliders are attached to the body and others are attached to the frame.

What are your thoughts about which way is best?

Thanks.

Christian
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Body mount. Stronger, no loss in ground clearance
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I've been beating on my Sun Rockers for years, and they are body-mounted. They hold up really well, and do not compromise ground clearance at all.
      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Trust me when I tell you this... I hit my body mounted rockers HARD last Saturday. No damage to the rockers or the Jeep... maybe the rock. I think people 50 feet away felt it. I know I sure did.

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
        Body mount. Stronger, no loss in ground clearance
        Also, Chris knows rockers!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

x2 or is it x4...what they said. I'm running the Warn body mounted and they have been hammered and are just scratched.
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
            Trust me when I tell you this... I hit my body mounted rockers HARD last Saturday. No damage to the rockers or the Jeep... maybe the rock. I think people 50 feet away felt it. I know I sure did.

Also, Chris knows rockers!
            [COLOR="Sienna"]I witnessed this...holy cow. x6 now on the body mounted rockers.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Well...it took a bit to find it, but find it I did!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134553

This is probably the BEST READ on rocker protection that you will EVER FIND.

Its long, and sometimes heated, but very very good information.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

WOW. I alwayse assumed the frame mounted ones were stronger. Than again I assumed that Materdaddy's were frame mounted. And I watched him bash those things last weekend.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Special thanks go out to Tam for finding and posting that link to that rather long, but very informative thread. I read the whole thing. I think that read is going to save me money in the long run!

That thread gave me enough knowledge to understand what I'm looking at in rock sliders. In fact, it was way more than an answer to my more simple question and I'm thankful for that.

It looks like I'll be going for rock sliders attached to the tub. Unfortunately, it didn't look like Rock-It Man had rockers prefabbed to fit my Scrambler.

The thing that I hadn't thought about before reading that thread was how a slider attached to the frame is actually just a big lever attached to my frame that in theory could twist it. I guess that could be avoided by creating a complete belly plate with sliders attached to it, but I'd still lose about 2" of clearance and add a lot more weight.

You all really do rock!

Christian
                  "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Working...
                  X