Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobra 75

before I re-mount my old cobra cb was wondering about this unit as i hate having my big clunky cb hangin over me and the mic constantly dangling in my face and bangin around while wheelin! It seems like a perfect jeep set up but i can't help thinking that the handmic might be a bit of a pain also??? Anyone out there have any experiences with this cb? Looking for feedback..

Originally posted by JeepinLA Eh View Post
    before I re-mount my old cobra cb was wondering about this unit as i hate having my big clunky cb hangin over me and the mic constantly dangling in my face and bangin around while wheelin! It seems like a perfect jeep set up but i can't help thinking that the handmic might be a bit of a pain also??? Anyone out there have any experiences with this cb? Looking for feedback..

I've got one and it's worked well for me for the last year and a half. I keep meaning to mount the little module behind the dash or something, but it's been sitting in the rear cup holder ever since I got it . I like all the expensive stuff being in the mic where I can just remove it when I'm not going to use it. The one drawback is the speaker in the mic is small . . . especially if you have the doors off at any real speed, it's hard to hear, but I added a $10 external speaker which took care of that.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

have you tried mounting it to say the tranny tunnel in the passenger side footwell and then mounting a mic clip on the dash next to your stereo? then its not over your head and the mic isnt dangling around.

Comment

Beware of water crossings though. I dont make a habit of crossing water that deep but if water filled up my floor board id be ok.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

yeah i also tend to store alot of junk on that side!! I may go with a cobra 75 or remount above but wire the mic down thru the dash or something

Comment

I'm no fan of the Cobra 75. If the microphone goes bad, there are no cheap replacements at the truckstops. And to be able to hear it in a noisy Jeep, it absolutely needs an auxilliary speaker. The speaker inside the microphone is too small and tinny sounding to produce clear or loud enough audio to understand if you're in a noisy Jeep or on the highway.
            Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 04-14-09, 07:54 AM.
            The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Im happy with mine. It works great on the trail. I dont use it on the road much.
              1999 [color=red]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 4DR
              1999 [color=white]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 2DR DD

Comment

I'm on my 3rd Cobra 75 (2 replacements) over prox 10 years. I use it in combo with remote speaker mounted at windshield pullman strap mounting location. These units tend to be fragile, so why do I replace with same? Its compact, easy to install in a TJ and can be purchased at discount online.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X