Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm stumped How do I remove the plastic covers to the rear seatbelts?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stumped How do I remove the plastic covers to the rear seatbelts?

2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ): I want to remove the rear seat shoulder harnesses, but there is a large round plastic cover at the base of the roll cage where the retractor is. There is also a plastic cover at the top mounting point. I haven't figured out how to remove these covers so that I can unbolt the seatbelts. I don't want to break them off. Anyone have any suggestions on how these come off?
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
    2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ): I want to remove the rear seat shoulder harnesses, but there is a large round plastic cover at the base of the roll cage where the retractor is. There is also a plastic cover at the top mounting point. I haven't figured out how to remove these covers so that I can unbolt the seatbelts. I don't want to break them off. Anyone have any suggestions on how these come off?
    For the top, there is a "snap" type cover that hides the bolt. Pry it off, which will open up the spot with the bolt. I believe that uses a T55 to remove.

To remove the bottom things, you actually take the entire seat belt off with the plastic cover attached. There is one bolt underneath the guts of the retractor. I think it's a 1/2" socket and it is best reached with a 6" extension.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Awesome. Thanks!
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
      X