Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need your suggestion?

okay, people have always said to bring spare parts on far and hard/extreme trail runs or like the rubicon trails. what exactly do you want to bring? never been on a big group ride so never seen anyone break down. if you have an suggestions on what might be a good part to bring extra that breaks easily or a good set of tools that has everything you need to take your whole jeep apart. I'm new to the off road world so not too sure... all i have is a spare tire, shovel, flash light, and some wrenches...

here is what I carry on a typical Rubicon trip:

Steering, axle shafts (front and rear), u-joints, brake lines, serpentine belt, Unit bearing or spare hub, misc nuts and bolts, fuel hose, tire plug kit w/ shoe laces, spare fluids for your jeep (motor, trans, t-case, diffs) and the tools to fix/replace anything. I'm sure I'm missing things, but you get the point.

If we're out at JV then the spare count goes way up.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

go thru the rubicon threads they have some great info from the past couple years. I too am going to rubicon and need to get this stuff together as well.

figure out who is going with you and what parts they are carrying as well.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

the only thing i carry is extra ujoints. not the best of ideas but the things that seem to blow for me arnt really cheap enough or 2 big and heavy to be hauling around with me, like transfer cases and transmissions.
        :devil: Giffer

Comment

im never usually too far from a road that i cant just get towed there. my dad has CAA so once im at a roadway i just meet him and caa tows the jeep to my shop for free! never had anything major break on the trail before, had my steering box blow, but that wasnt too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
            here is what I carry on a typical Rubicon trip:

Steering, axle shafts (front and rear), u-joints, brake lines, serpentine belt, Unit bearing or spare hub, misc nuts and bolts, fuel hose, tire plug kit w/ shoe laces, spare fluids for your jeep (motor, trans, t-case, diffs) and the tools to fix/replace anything. I'm sure I'm missing things, but you get the point.

If we're out at JV then the spare count goes way up.
            LIKE HE SAID.....even if you don't have spare axles at least carry the rest of the stuff...I DO,.. I also carry a few of the small ratchet straps and one large one with the hooks. You can use those for a multitude of things to help get you off a trail believe it or not.
            "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
            X