Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I'm convinced. I think this is going to work well. Anyone know where to find a 12 drop hitch for less than $100? I found a few for $200 but that seems like way too much.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

What about a 10 inch hitch. A 14 inch hitch would be perfictly level. But I can find half a dozen 10 inch hitches for less than. All the 12 inch ones are $150-$200.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

my hitch I got from harbor freight. for 30 bucks welded it up and works great for me.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95991

I use this. I welded it up when I found the right position for my junk
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

josh his problem is like mine with the falcon , you need the hi low with a 2" reciever ....

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-HA~RM-076.htm

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
              josh his problem is like mine with the falcon , you need the hi low with a 2" reciever ....

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-HA~RM-076.htm
              Are you talking about using this AND a drop hitch?
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

no , i'm using it with this
                http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...bar-falcon.htm

Comment

FYI, when we flat towed Brian's Jeep this weekend on the RV, the tow bar was far from level. I'd try looking around for a manual on your bar to see what angle it says is the maximum. You might not need to have it as level as you think.
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I found the manual for the tow bar. It says that the tow rig side of the tow bar can be up to 4 inches higher and under no circumstances should the tow rig side be lower. I need find a 14 inch raised hitch. I think there is a reason these are not more available. I am trying to decide what is more likely during a panic stop. One, I use a 14 inch raised hitch and It bends or breaks under the weight of the Jeep. Or two, I use a 10 inch raised hitch and the Jeep peals the tow bar off the ball and parks in my tailgate. I think I will just buy a the harbor freight hitch that Tomb Raider 940 linked to and make sure my ball camp is adjusted well to minimize the chance of it coming off the hitch. And I’ll probably use short safety chains just in case there is a problem.
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I agree with the contention that the jeep side of the
                      towbar should be lower that the hitch ball keeps it from lifting the front of the Jeep up during an emergency stop

Comment

Yeah it works for me. have hard braked a few times. maybe one day will buy a buddy brake. I use 4 chains. I know its overkill but I use them.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I'm doing what I think you trying to do. Here's a photo that might help. When Rock-It-Man built this bumper he added the extra tab. I tow with a Falcon II towbar, found some 3/4" pins to match the towbar and SMI Braking system, works great, very clean set-up.

B&T TJ

Comment

That’s a nice looking bumper. I think I have the Jeep side figured out. I am going to make my measurements and have Rat fabricate my brackets. Unfortunately I do not think my 4runner is going to make a suitable tow rig. So this tow setup will be and emergency use set up unless my buddy with a lifted f-150 is going wheeling with me.
                            Those left standing
                            Will make millions
                            Writing books on ways
                            It should have been
                            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

What is the measurement between the Warrior D ring mount, as I want to measure my bumper and see what the thickness of my tabs are. My bumper is ROKMEN.
                              Glad this came up, as I have been contemplating doing just this in case of a breakdown. Thanks.
                              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Josh, where did you get those brackets? I need something just like that for mine. I've got the 3/4" shackle mounts to connect to, and I have d-rings for the saftey chains. I even have a brake harness adapter hardwired to the front bumper. Just need one of the Falcon or BlueOx yokes, and the brackets that fit over the shackle mounts.

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                                Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                                HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
                                X