Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with winch

im going to buy a winch from winchdepot.com and cant decide witch one to buy. dont have the money for the warn winches. so my options were the smittybilt or the mile markers. never owned either of one so just wanted to know if any of you guys have used one or owns one?

larry...

I would hold off on buying a winch if you are thinking of buying a cheap one. When you really need a winch, you need as much winch as you can get.

I personally like to buy from mfr's that make their own product, and do their own research, testing, etc... That is not Smittybuilt.

Warn, Superwinch, Ramsey, MileMarker are all good, assuming you pick the one most appropriate for your load.

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

yeah im going to have to agree with nwoods. a winch is something that is only there to "save" you in time of trouble, say if your stuck your or if what you are going up is to steep to even risk sliding back down.
      :devil: Giffer

Comment

Bought my Warn used from a rolled jeep. Paid $500. works great. Check
        www.Craigslist.org or
        www.Recycler.com
        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

hey giffer whats the kind that they stock at princess auto...im thinking its superwinch not sure. anyways my buddy bought one from there for cheap like 400+ tax. a 8000# and it pulls like mad hell, his little toyota truck on 33's can be burried to the windows in a mud hole and it drags him out. provided he has somewhere to hook it too, damn praries!

Comment

Several in my local group are using the Smittybuilt xrc8. I haven't heard of any problems yet.
            About anything bigger than 8k requires another battery.
            '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

Working...
            X