Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success :d

Well, it's been a pretty eventful week for Schmo's Rubi. My new Rokmen rockers finally arrived after two months of waiting and on the very same day my engine light turned on.

I'm happy to say that today I got the Jeep back from the dealership with a shiny new cat and O2 sensor . . . I didn't realize that they would be replacing practically the entire exhaust . . . except for my trail scared muffler, everything appears to be new! I was out the door for like 65 bucks so I'm a pretty happy camper. The Jeep feels and sounds better . . . seems to start stronger and at idle it seems smoother . . . would be nice if it helped my gas milage which I stopped calculating around 13 MPG.
    I'm usually not a big fan of dealerships, but I've got to give the one in Canoga Park a bit of credit, they've taken pretty good care of me since I got the Jeep about 2 years ago. I've always dealt with the same service manager, Jeff . . . he's an older guy, which for some reason makes me feel better, and he's got some pics of a built Jeep by his desk doing some rock crawling which is definitely a huge plus. He's never hassled me about my mods, and has taken care of a bunch of things under warranty. One time he asked about my lift when I first got it and I got a bit defensive . . . he was really cool and told me not to worry and that he noticed that I'd done some work to it and it was looking really good.

So over the weekend I stripped down the Rubi and removed the flares and stock rockers. Big thanks to Tomb Raider and Geebo for helping me out with the rockers . . . I really appreciate it fellas. Tomb Raider was here over the weekend to guide me thru the mock up process and hooked me up with a sweet Satin Black paint job Geebo cruised by this afternoon and gave me a ride to pick up my Jeep and then helped me with the final install. I just buttoned everything up and wiped her down . . . looks great. Can't wait to hit the trial and see how everything works . . . been doing too much wrenching and not enough wheeling lately! Looks like I might make it out to Calico after all! Thanks again guys

Hey Geebo . . . the gasket was driving me nuts so I went at it with a razor blade . . . made a few light passes to avoid scratching the paint . . . came out perfect!!!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.
Working...
X