Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Spacers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to replace my old worn out body spacers. I see that most manufactures don't recommend the rubber ones anymore, the new ones are Polyurethane. I've also noticed that you can replace them with a little lift....... I've seen 1" 2" and 3". Does anyone have a comment on if I should replace with the lifts ( I was thinking about 1"). Would it cause any problems with the lift? Are there others that are better then the Polyurethane?
    Thanks for the feedback

Jeeper Creeper, I,ve got a 1 inch Daystar body lift I just replaced the old with the new Daystar pucks also a 4 inch suspension..here,s a pic..no problems, at all.
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

When I bought my 93 YJ the body mounts and bushings were shot! I went with the complete Energy Suspension Poly kit. It replaced all of the body mounts, the suspension bushings, tie rod bushings and the Trans mount. I haven't done the Engine mounts yet but I'd like to. What a difference it made!! This kit is well worth the money! (around $200)

I highly recommend it!

Scott
      "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

I just checked out new Daystar pucks and I can only find the ones that go from 1976 and newer, my jeep is a 1974. Unfortunatly I can't afford to go to the complete Energy Suspension Poly kit... was just hopeing to spend $50-$75 bucks or so.

Comment

Does anyone know of a link that can take me to the spacers and longer bolts that come with the 1" lift.... I can't seem to find any body spacers for my year of jeep with the 1" lift.
          thanks

Comment

I wouldn't exceed 1" any more than that and you need to start making modifications to a bunch of stuff.

I don't know the difference between a '74 and a '76 CJ-5. I can't imagine there is much of a difference. Some one will know I'm sure. Here's a link for Body lifts: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product...p?number=19011

They list 1" body lift for $129 +
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
            X