Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need steering>>

so.. I have set aside about $400 to upgrade the stock steering.. thinking about Currie... or maybe a one ton set up.. any body got any suggestions??
    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
    PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

If the steering linkage is the same as a tj then a v8 zj steering linkage is a affordable upgrade
    other than that the currie setup takes a good amount of abuse

Comment

currie.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I *just* got my currie... I'll install it later this week.

I was told to go currie with stock setups for a couple reasons. ORO sucks (two reports of that now) for a couple different reasons.

With stock suspension geometry, you want to stick with the inverted-Y steering or you'll get bump-steer and other unwanted side effects. (No tri-link, or other fancy-pants suspension changes... lift doesn't count as non-stock).

You also want beefier steering and beefier TREs. Currie meets all of these requirements with the added benefit of using stock taper on the TREs which means you're not reaming your knuckles and it's a 10 minute swap from stock steering.

Plus, it comes in under (or right at) your $400 budget.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I think currie has them on sale for 359. northridge4x4 or groupbuy.com cant remember which one.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

ya.. I figured on currie.. I have run there steering on my last two lifted jeeps.. but figured I would ask before I spent the $$$..
            [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
              I think currie has them on sale for 359. northridge4x4 or groupbuy.com cant remember which one.
              good looking out..

Comment

Some guy selling his, decent deal for a brand new one.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=987412

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
                  Some guy selling his, decent deal for a brand new one.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=987412
                  cool.. sent him a offer via "PM"

thanks a bunch

Comment

Working...
                  X