Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap,strong bumpers!!!

they both should arive in 2 weeks with weld through D ring tabs and 2" recievers front and rear w/ winch and fairlead mount up front. $669.98 shiped...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...ts_Accessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3640&viewitem=
    Chrome don't get you home...

Dang w/ my time invested, I could barely build one that cheap.
    Do you know of anyone that has one installed?

Comment

Hopefully Bill Widger will chime in with his "story" on his ebay bumper. I know that Bill has had his spare tire fall off at least twice on the trail.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        Hopefully Bill Widger will chime in with his "story" on his ebay bumper. I know that Bill has had his spare tire fall off at least twice on the trail.
        Same sellers bumper? What failed?

Comment

Thats a great deal. Ive spent so much money on the jeep this month. I will be calling on you next month. I need a rear bumper soon.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Hmmm second thoughts..
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

That's from a different vendor. I can't find the guy/store I bought mine from. Mine was from Nitrous Warehouse.
              Originally posted by FishPOET View Post

Comment

dang thats a great deal even if it needs a little strengthening when you get it,

Comment

Found my new front bumper,thanks for the line Irwinwheeler
                  Dennis and Tammy
                  Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

I have that exact ebay rear bumper on my jeep. Its made pretty good but a few thing I would change on it though. The 2" angle brackets mounts it to the jeep dont seem very strong all though I have hit the bumper and drag it across rocks on numerous ocasions with out any problems. I would like to make new 1" mount out of 3/16 steel so the bumper is closer to the body. I think the high lift jack should be relocated because its hard to get too and the spare tire sticks out too far. The greasable swivel mount is a little loose also and the tire carrier shakes alot going down a bumpy highway but that might be because the tire sticks out too much. Tuck it in tighter and maybe a little lower and it might be ok. Other than those issues it is alot better than the stock tire carier rattling all the time.

Comment

I know that everybody has their own style and taste.

But, I firmly believe that you get what you pay for....I have the standard Warn bumper up front and the Warn tire carrier bumper on the rear. Both are strong bumpers and have withstood countless contact with rocks - Especially the rear bumper!

To me, the E-bay bumpers are questionable in their build quality - personally I would stick with a name brand OR find a local fab/builder that can create something for you at a reasonable price.
                      Money pit!

Comment

I have the same rear bumper. Same as above the mounting point needed to be re-inforced and the bolt latch stripped the first time I used it. Other than that it is a great deal for someone on a budget. Also I has mine made a little shorter than the one in the picture so He will custom make them.
                        <><
                        4x4him.org

Comment

Working...
                        X