Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess is that a place like 4wheel parts does employ installers not mechanics. In other words they can put a part on and most likely it will work but when it fails or does not work as intended they are lost.
    Installers simply make poor diagnosticians.
    Still they did a nice job putting your Jeep togehter should they have found your problems or tried a little harder to find your problem absolutely

Comment

Well free or not, it only takes about a half hour to pull the cover, look inside, and reinstall the cover. I'm surprise that with all the running around, at highway speeds, that it held together, and didn't cause an accident. I'd be upset myself, if it was my wife driving it, Kevin.

Comment

DJ, you should post up a pic of that pin... it will blow yer mind! I saw the broke pin and it's crazy :poop:
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          Just these parts alone would cost about $10,000. Even if you had to go back thru and redue the entire install, you would still be way ahead of everybody else who paid for their stuff. I'm just sayin', but the guys at 4WP, who watched you get all this free stuff might not be terribly concerned or simpathic about your situation. . . they probably had to pay for and build their junk too. I can understand not raving about the installation, but to publicly complain about a company that granted you and not someone else this type of honor and publicity is a real shame.
          Actually, the final invoice amount for this build was $13,450.....

I know, I spec'd the build. I didn't build it, but I made sure she got more than just fluff. Some people just cannot be satisfied, no matter what.
          '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post

I know, I spec'd the build. I didn't build it, but I made sure she got more than just fluff. Some people just cannot be satisfied, no matter what.
            What I'm not understanding is why anyone thinks that 4 Wheel Parts is anything other than a bolt on catalogue store or ever has been?

If you want sharp mechanical work done, take it to a sharp mechanic.
            I am Savvy.

Comment

that is 100 percent correct. installers do a lousy job diagnosing and repairing mechanical problems

Comment

I have used 4wp for a few things on my Jeep and I have been very satisfied. Good luck Julie. I'm sure they will do you right, plus you have the Keebler elf.
                Check out .

Comment

I would expect a quality install on these parts as well as making sure that the install was done correctly. Maybe people are mis-lead when they see this advertised.

From the 4wheelparts.com website:

"4 Wheel parts installs what we sell, from performance parts like intakes and exhausts, to suspension lift kits, tires, wheels, and more".

"Install with us and receive the benifits of:

*Installations from Truck, Jeep, and SUV Experts
                  *Factory trained and ASE certified techs in all locations
                  *Over 60 Performance Centers Nationwide

Under Gears and Lockers section

"Professional installation for all of your gear and locker upgrades"

I guess I would have believed that this would be true coming from a national off-road chain of stores.

Maybe just false advertising?

Too bad Julie, I would have expected more also.

Mitch

Comment

Their advertisment says it all, Install only!!
                    It makes no claims about quality repairs

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post

Very true
                      "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

You guys are right, and they didn't bother to do any of the repairs on that jeep, even though she was told over the phone to bring the jeep down and have it fixed. I understand the thinking that some have about DJ winning a contest and having all of this cool stuff given to her for free, with no thought about the money that was made on the other end, but really, until you have somebody take your 3 yr old jeep that is your daily driver for a few weeks and give it back to you all sweetened up, but you can't drive it anymore because nothing has been finished on it, you don't have a whole lot of room to talk. I don't understand the backlash this thing gets from some people, I am still fixing things that were not installed right on that jeep!
                        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I am posting these pic's for my friends to see what the clicking noise was caused from...

The main cross pin broke at both ends:

The main cross pin showing how thick and broke at each end:

The ends of the main cross pin showing the damage from hitting the gears during deceleration...hence the clicking noise:

Comment

Come on now, how can any of you say she got nothing but great stuff, stop bitching? Differential problems are not that hard to spot if you take the time. Guess their "ASE certified technicians at every shop" were on vacation.

Stop expecting sympathy. I personally think part of it's because you're a woman. Half these guys are probably thinking "I would have had MY jeep up on jack stands and fixed by Sunday, then drank a six pack."

Think about how each of you feel about YOUR jeep-like a member of the family, right? If someone took your dog for surgery and gave it back to you with it's hind leg barely sewed back on you'd be pissed.
                            Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Jeri Lyn you are awesome!!

This is the final thing I have to say on this issue:

I wrote my letter like everyone else and was chosen for the Jeep makeover. It was an awesome experience and a dream come true to have the DJ built up like they did. The unveil was awesome, getting to meet my idol, Becca Webster, and receive personal lessons. I did nothing but promote the company and said nothing but positive things about them the entire year. You never once heard me complain about all things not finished on it or mention the things they had broken. My brother spent countless hours fixing things and putting on the things that were never put on because they ran out of time. The one thing they told me was to bring the DJ in if something went wrong. After a year of my brother fixing everything...when I had the clicking noise we knew it was something serious so we didn't want to void any kind of warranty and I finally decided to take them up on the offer. However, they didn't do a thing but make things worse. I have since learned that I will seek other places to work on the DJ.
                              With that being said, all of you who are dishin' without knowing all the facts does nothing and means nothing to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X