Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.0 engine vibration

Lately at idle, the jeep has this weird engine vibration. I can feel it on the steering wheel, on the shifter, etc. Once I rev it up, goes away. Idle reads normal rpm wise. Things in the cab rattle and its starting to get to me. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Motor mounts, transmount? Exhaust hangers or anything else that can make metal to metal contact between the body and the power train, like a bend skid plate

Comment

try cleaning the idle air control valve. its on top of the intake on the back side of the throttle body.

Comment

Originally posted by nikos View Post
        Lately at idle, the jeep has this weird engine vibration. I can feel it on the steering wheel, on the shifter, etc. Once I rev it up, goes away. Idle reads normal rpm wise. Things in the cab rattle and its starting to get to me. Any suggestions. Thanks.
        Did you ever get that miss figured out? maybe its related.

Comment

The last time I had that on my Jeep. I ended up finding a large rock wedged between the transfer case and the belly pan. Be sure to look for something like that.

Brett
          offroadwerkz.com
          (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

I'll check it all. The missfire was the unichip messing with my jeeps timing. That was a drag! That issue is resolved. I'll check for a rock under the transfer case. The mounts look pretty good. I'm puzzled!

I had changed the idle air sensor just recently, but I went back to the dealer today and replaced it under warranty. That was not the problem.

Comment

I guess the first question you ought to ask yourself is if the engine is shaking to much at idle, or is it simply transmitting vibration from the engine to the body, due to contact between the drivetrain and body.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                I guess the first question you ought to ask yourself is if the engine is shaking to much at idle, or is it simply transmitting vibration from the engine to the body, due to contact between the drivetrain and body.
                Engine runs smooth. I have a feeling its transmitting the vibe. Those engine mounts are the 1 inch riser mounts, so I guess I would not know if they have gone bad till I pull them out. Maybe the rubber has worn itself from the inside out and the bolt is making contact with metal. Just thinking out load.

Comment

Working...
                X