Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005tj softop fit on a 1997 tj ??

I want to get a softop and found a 2005 in good shape with everything included.Will it fit and bolt on or do I need any special brackets?
    Last edited by Jeeperator; 02-16-09, 10:31 AM.

There are differences in the header. You will have to use your old header, but everything else should work just fine.
    '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

I dont have a header I only have a hard top so I dont know what the differences are.The 05 comes with a header will or can I make it fit?

Comment

Hi Beau you can take a look at mine or Fred's Jeep and see what the differences are in the header

Comment

Yea, thats what I am going to do. but if anyone has done this or info please lmk if there is any problems I will run into.

Comment

pretty sure it fits up to 03.. could be wrong.. i have another header that you can see if it works. its a super top header.let me know. "your neighbor"
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

The header is attached to the top right? The clamp inside the jeep hold the header to the window frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                The header is attached to the top right? The clamp inside the jeep hold the header to the window frame.
                Yes, and there is a slight difference in 03+ but it will fit without any problems. Besides the material (quieter), the main difference is in the zippers for the windows, but if you get the whole top, no need to worry. Get it and enjoy.
                [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I got the whole top but need the brackets that are on the roll cage that the bows bolt onto. Which should I get 97-02 or 03-06 because I am not sure. Also need the 2 little brackets on the tub that hold the rear window header.
                  Last edited by Jeeperator; 02-17-09, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Any year will do. You can try jeepsareus.com or Jeep Only Auto Parts in Pacoima if you go to that area.
                    [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

So the rollbar brackets on 97-02 and 03-06 are the same and will interchange and have the same bolt pattern and bow mounting location. I am trying to decide whether to get 97-02 or 03-06 brackets an dont know if they are different or not.

Comment

Well it fits the only thing I can see is the seal on the top of the windshield is a little different leaving some small gaps in the upper front coners of the door but with the door closed you cant see them and I dont hear any wind noise. Need some rain or hose to check for leaks.From what I can tell all the different year cage brackets are the same 1997-2006 and that what the salvage yard guys said also.

Comment

Working...
                        X