Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exo-cage

I've been thinking about doing an exo-cage on my tj. Because i know that sooner or later it will prolly end up on its side. I kinda want to protect that 32,000 mile body and glass... My buddy's dad has his personal shop in phoenix and told me he would do any design exo i want with whatever tubeing for $600. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me but i have no history with tube work. all opinions welcome....
    Chrome don't get you home...

get it. I dig different shit.

exos are cool. dunno if I have seen any on a jeep in person.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

That is a good price. Consider the DOM tubing is going to run anywhere from $3.35 to $5.00 a foot depending on what you use, not to mention the labor to cut, bend and weld the cage.

If I were you I'd get it done before he backs out.

Comment

I don't think there's anything you can do for the windsheild frame.
        I wrapped mine in armor and square tubing, I like it, but several here are after light weight. I don't know how to post a pic, I'd be glad to send some via Y.
        '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

Originally posted by kcruisin View Post
          I wrapped mine in armor and square tubing, I like it, but several here are after light weight. I don't know how to post a pic, I'd be glad to send some via Y.
          If you can get them on the computer,then all you got to do is go to,http://photobucket.com/,and post to here.It took me 3 trys after 2 hr's. figuring out camera.:}
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by cweed View Post
            That is a good price. Consider the DOM tubing is going to run anywhere from $3.35 to $5.00 a foot
            Tell me where I can get DOM tubing for $3.50 to $5.00 a foot--I see more like $8.00-$10.00 everywhere I look. I just bought 20 lf of 1.75" x .120" HREW tubing for about $3.31/ lf.

Originally posted by kcruisin
            Well, that 1.75" HREW, along with some scrap heavywall rect tubing I bought is gonna be most of my new windshield frame.
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
              Well, that 1.75" HREW, along with some scrap heavywall rect tubing I bought is gonna be most of my new windshield frame.
              I'd like some pics of that. I'd do some protection, if I could.
              '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

i plan on doing my MJ with an Exterior cage as well. protect the ride not just the riders.the only part with mine im worried about is mounting it into the unibody.
                :devil: Giffer

Comment

Originally posted by kcruisin View Post
                  I'd like some pics of that. I'd do some protection, if I could.
                  It may be a few weeks with the rain, snow, and me working late, but Lord willing I'll git er done, and post it up.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                  X