Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home built cut out flairs...? bodylift?

Ok... im running a 4" lift with a 3 in bodylift. I found this page: http://forums.4wdandsportutility.com...ift/index.html while wonderin if i should do away/or get smaller hockey pucks. i want to know if anyone has done this kinda thing to their rear fenders, should i get rid of the body lift, or go with a one inch like Dr.Dirty recomended (37-12.50 MTR's)...? It would be a pretty simple mod im just looking for opinions on the cut outs and running 7"s of lift on a tj.
    Chrome don't get you home...

I've never had a teeder-todder problem with the 35s but i have not had the 37s on the trail yet..

Comment

Hey Will,

We can always take it to Bullfrog and let you see how all that lift does on a nice tippy trail. It's just down Hwy 247 from you. Looked nice when I saw it at "Toys for Trucks" in Hesperia the other day.

Mitch

Comment

hey

thanks alot. it will look alot better when its on rocks that are not crushed up with water and rolled flat.

Comment

Gen-right makes the kits to do this and Tony and Robert are both running 40s. Robert did his and kept his COG lower than Tony.

http://www.genright.com/category.aspx?categoryID=114
          Rich

Comment

Chop it!

I've been considering the home brew for quite a while now. For us folks on the limited budget this idea is great. Chop it up! I will do the hood and rear eventually, just have to set aside a few days... I like the idea of putting the 2K into a bender, dies, tube and and a little sheet metal, rather than the Gen Right kit... but if I had the cake I'd pony up for the kit no question and buy the bender as well.

1" pucks max.

I'm Running 2" Nth short arm on stock pucks with 1/2 worn G.Y. MTR 35's they barely rub. Of course i did do a little trimming already...
            Best, Max7
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I like the highline idea, but I think I would scrounge around for used sheetmetal. hood and fenders
              since to do a nice job it would take some cutting and welding to do a nice job and recreate the lip on the hood

Comment

indeed...

I think this weekend if i have time im gonna chop up the rear and raise the flair. Then paint the ps front fenders finally. I do have the stock fronts if anyone is wanting a second set to chop up.

Comment

Working...
                X