Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help...!

i got my parts ordered today for the jeep. the only problem is i have to drive it about 2 hours to toys for trucks and my steering box stub shaft/steering shaft finally striped completly. i tried grinding a bigger gap on the sleeve so i could pinch it tighter. that didnt work. i just need to get it worthy enough to get to the shop for the new one. any sugestions...?
    Chrome don't get you home...

Originally posted by irwinwheeler View Post
    i got my parts ordered today for the jeep. the only problem is i have to drive it about 2 hours to toys for trucks and my steering box stub shaft/steering shaft finally striped completly. i tried grinding a bigger gap on the sleeve so i could pinch it tighter. that didnt work. i just need to get it worthy enough to get to the shop for the new one. any sugestions...?
    EEEK!
    Take the bus?
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I assume you are replacing the steering box and pitman arm. If so, weld the pitman to the steering shaft. If you don't have a welder, Loosen the pitman arm and drive some nails in between the pitman and the steering shaft then clamp it down tight. Alternatley, you can drill a 1/4 inch hole through the pitman/steering shaft assembly and put a bolt in it.

And then there is the safest way... AAA!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I got a steering box that I just took off a TJ its worn but the splines on the shafts are good will get you by for awhile you can have it. It's in Ontario though. Welding it might work or slicing it open some more and clamping it down. It has a flat on the shaft so it has to be seriously messed up to spin on it

Comment

Working...
        X