Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ/ YJ Windshield Dimensions

I'm gonna fab me a new windshield frame for my TJ to replace that overpriced, fragile, POS factory frame--don't even try to talk me out of it!

I'm thinking my design may work out a little easier if I go with windshield glass slightly narrower than the TJ's. I've searched the net and called a couple of places trying to get dimensions, but so far, no luck.

Does anyone have dimensions for CJ & YJ glass? I think those might be my best bets--looking for a top-to-bottom taper similar to the TJ's.
    holes = cowbell

Bump
    BUMP
    holes = cowbell

Comment

I'll take measurements for you but I need to take them with the window installed.
      Check out .

Comment

Just went out and measured the YJ. The windshield glass is roughly:

15 3/4" tall and tapers from about 53" (top) to about 54" (bottom) in width.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Here's a measurment from my CJ7...15 5/8"=H, 52 5/8"=Top, 53 3/4"=Bottom.Went just short of window rubber so this is only approx.Hope it helps
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

From what you've posted, it seems that the CJs and YJs have close to the same (if not the same) glass as the TJs, so I went ahead and ordered "TJ" glass. Thanks fr your help, guys, I really appreciate it!
            holes = cowbell

Comment

I didn't even think to check mine against my Bud's TJ.Glad it was some help
              Dennis and Tammy
              Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
              X