Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 24

Well, I just finished buttoning up the newer head onto the vehicle. Unfortunately after getting everything buttoned up I now have a Code 24
    "Throttle position sensor input above the maximum (or below the minimum) acceptable voltage; or TPS signal does not correlate to MAP sensor"

and the engine rev automatically to 4500-5000.

Does this mean I have a bad MAP or TPS sensor?

Please Help
    Joel

possibly, you could try cleaning the sensors and the throttle body.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Replaced the MAP Sensor, Cleaned the Idle Solenoid, Cleaned the Throttle Positioning Sensor, Cleaned the actual throttle body. as far as I can tell I've gotten rid of the Code 14, and Code 24. However, I'm still getting the weird idle. As soon as I start the engine it the idle jumps to 4500 rpm. It will sit there for a few seconds and slowly start to climb to 5000 rpm. As it climbs the butterfly valve in the throttle body stays fully closed. I'm at a loss to think of what could be wrong now.

I've checked for intake leaks and exhaust leaks, checked for vacuum leaks, and found nothing.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Bad vacuum leak? If you own a digital volt meter check tps voltagewith the throttle closed should be less than 1 volt then start and check map sensor voltage should be around 1 volt, in your case my guess is that its near 4.5-5 volts due to a massive vacuum leak. If so start sprayi8ng brake clean or propane arount the intake manifold see if it changes the rpm somewhere

Comment

Here is the final outcome. We took the intake manifold off again and and found that it was not alligned with the centering pins on the head. it was actually resting on top of the pins.

After re-seating the intake manifold we re-Torqued te bols and it fired right up and purrrrred like a kitten.

after idling for 20 minutes we found no engine codes in the system other then the 12 (Battery Disconnect) and 55 (End of codes).

Good news.

Thanks for all the help.
          Joel

Comment

Told ya, glad you got er purring in time for this weekends fun Joel. Also its good the intake did not get damaged by torqing it down on the locator pins coulda damaged the intake

Comment

Working...
            X