Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me....

hi ya,ll anyone ever install a slip yoke drive shaft combo??(IDEAS).. Tom Woods/advanced adapters if that matters I need big help..LOL. Thanks..geeb
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
    hi ya,ll anyone ever install a slip yoke drive shaft combo??(IDEAS).. Tom Woods/advanced adapters if that matters I need big help..LOL. Thanks..geeb
    What happens to be your question? It's not very difficult if you follow the instructions that accompany the SYE. I put my SYE kit in with the transfer case still under the Jeep. The hardest part was getting the chain back over both the gears.
    Money pit!

Comment

pdw, you,re right after I posted I sat in the garage looking at the instructions as well as the slip yoke and it might take me a while but I think I can get er done..

Comment

Geebo, I'll be able to help you week after next. I could really use the entertainment of watching you struggle with this thing (not the Jeep, but the actual reading of the instructions!!)

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
          Geebo, I'll be able to help you week after next. I could really use the entertainment of watching you struggle with this thing (not the Jeep, but the actual reading of the instructions!!)
          Man, that's cold, but funny!!!

If you weren't an hour away, I'd offer my assistance. Maybe, SAR Jeeper will be of some use to you.
          Seriously, if you take your time and follow the instructions the SYE conversion is a piece of cake.

Have you ordered a new drive shaft yet?
          I know that there are some local shops in the LA area, but Tom Woods well known for a reason. When I ordered my d.s. over the phone, the cust. svc. rep walked me through the measuring process and I am very satisfied with their products!
          Last edited by pdw; 01-23-09, 12:00 PM.
          Money pit!

Comment

yep I have it here I got the Tom Woods drive shaft and the advanced adapter slip yoke...thanks for the offer pdw....and Sar (Steve) ..who,s gonna be reading the instructions come with pretty pictures...

Comment

Hey, call me in the a.m. if you guys are gonna wrench tomorrow (Saturday). My boss screwed himself in the schedule, and I'm gonna probably start work early, which means I can wrench after work. Let me know. If you guys are still there, I'll bring some beer!

Comment

Well we got quite a bit done today . . . got the suspension done for the most part, but we didn't tackle the SYE and DS. Geeb's Jeep is looking good!!!

For those of you with TJ's with the SYE and CV DS . . . you needed Rear Upper Adjustable Control Arms, right?
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

DANG RIGHT!!,yup my jeep is lookin sweet..To me that,s for sure Thanks bein to Joe, Josh, David, and Steve in advance ..I,ll be hopin to get the sye and driveshaft in before next weekend for Max,s run..just a few touch ups on the lift but seems fine for now...

Comment

Bump . . .

With the SYE and CV DS . . . do you need Rear Upper Adjustable Control arms?
                    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                      Bump . . .

With the SYE and CV DS . . . do you need Rear Upper Adjustable Control arms?
                      Yes. In addition to great driveshafts, and service... Tom Woods also has tons of great info: http://www.4xshaft.com/techinfo.html, http://www.4xshaft.com/driveline101.html

Before (Stock Style, 2 U-Joint Shaft):

After (Double Cardian CV Shaft):

An just how do you get the axle pinion pointing at the xfer case output shaft? You're right... Rear Upper Adjustables.
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X