Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Cage

Thinking about building a cage. Any body got any pics of their custom cages?

Hey Ryan, check out Fabricators Paradise.There a couple treads there on this subj.I'm looking for same in the future for my Cj5 & 7,as soon as I find that Pot-O-Gold
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

I've got a Poison Spyder "full cage" kit that I welded up at home. I did a pretty good roll a couple of weeks ago and it held up great. I used saddle gussets around the front, and I think that helped a lot. Poly Performance has a kit for about a $1K that actually looks really good--better design (tubes instead of plates bring the A-pillar to the floor) & details (weld-on brackets rather than bungs that for which you must cut holes in your cage) than the PS cage. Also, Blue Torch Fab has a new cage kit that's about the same price, but uses plates at the A-pillar.
      Last edited by inVERt'D; 01-21-09, 02:07 PM. Reason: typo
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Check out bluetorch's gallery
        [COLOR=black]1979 CJ5, 4" Lift, 33", TBI[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks. I will look those up.

Comment

I have some pics on my site of the GenRight cage. It looks the same as the Poly cage.

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/projects/cage/
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Comment

wicked cage goat. looks good.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                  I have some pics on my site of the GenRight cage. It looks the same as the Poly cage.

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/projects/cage/
                  I was checking your page and was wondering how well the paint has held up.

I just cleaned mine up and clear coated the heck out of it.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                    I was checking your page and was wondering how well the paint has held up.

I just cleaned mine up and clear coated the heck out of it.
                    The paint only did OK... I've already re-done it. Partly because our first coat was never that good to begin with. I was starting to get surface rust, and I had to nip it in the bud. About 2 months ago (when it was soft top time) I re-painted it only, this time I took my time and sanded it well, used primer and finished it right. I'm going to be working on padding soon too. I bought padding from Jegs and have enlisted help to make cloth wraps to give it a stock look and feel.
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Sivergoat, who made your cage? that is exactly what I'm looking to do to mine.

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by silvergoat View Post

Is there a story behind the pee-wee doll?
                        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by DriverJC View Post
                          Sivergoat, who made your cage? that is exactly what I'm looking to do to mine.

Joel
                          I built the cage on the weekends with Bob and the guys at TnTcustoms.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                            Is there a story behind the pee-wee doll?
                            PeeWee is there for moral support and to make people ask why? Plus it makes my wife think just how touched in the head I really am.

Comment

Working...
                            X