Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Transfer Case

I have the Rock-TracTM; NV241OR transfer case. It has just recently started making a noise like cards in bycicle spokes, coming from the output shaft area. I think it is possibly the output shaft bearing. Any ideas? and does anybody know if you can change this bearing or even get it out to look at it without pulling the transfer case out of the jeep? Thank for the help.

If it's anything at all like the 231, you should be able to remove the rear half of the 241OR t-case housing without removing the entire t-case.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by marlin4570 View Post
      I have the Rock-TracTM; NV241OR transfer case. It has just recently started making a noise like cards in bycicle spokes, coming from the output shaft area. I think it is possibly the output shaft bearing. Any ideas? and does anybody know if you can change this bearing or even get it out to look at it without pulling the transfer case out of the jeep? Thank for the help.
      Is your warranty up?
      Best, Max7
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

x2 you can pull the rear half to get a better look at it. Thats weird though, you shouldnt be having issues so soon if you have an 06 Rubi. Hopefully its still on Warranty. If not and its just a bearing, should be an easy fix. If Jeep wants to charge you a butt load, call Teraflex and see what they can do for you.
        im stoked! they just came out with a 2low kit for the NV241OR!!!
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
        X