Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help?????

Ran Cleghorn today for the first time in my '04 Wrangler Unlimited and had a blast considering she's still stock. One thing though, She now will not shift manually into first or into park. HuMMMMM? She'll shift fine all through her gears when in drive though and runs fine on the pavement. Shifts fine in and out of 4hi and low and back. I didn't hit anything or do anything too hairy, no wierd, odd sounds just stopped being able to shift into 1st or park. Any ideas? Thanks Gibby

My 04 X had the cable that goes from the shifter to the transmission break. It has a weak link where it hooks to the shifter or where it goes through the bracket right before the shifter. maybe your is getting ready to go. Pop off the cover plate around the shifter and pry up the coin holder and you should be able to see the cable and connections. the cable they replaced it with is sturdier than the stock one.

Mine went out at a truck stop in the middle of nowhere when driving back from Missouri. Called the local dealership and when I told them where I was for the tow the lady said look behind the truck stop accross the field. was like 300 yards away. They didnt have the part but pre ordered one for my local dealer and rigged mine to get me home. There was only the gas station , dealership , and I think a couple houses at that exit so I guess I got lucky it broke there.
    Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Working...
    X