Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
    You made it out and back home ok--that's not really jinxed

Post up the rest of your pics and stuff Matermeister!
    They're on the way up in high-res... I'll post a few low-res for the report thread when I get a few free minutes today or tonight. I'm going to pull the steering tonight and attempting straightening it for my on-road driving, but I think after this bend I need to get something beefier before going off road again...
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      They're on the way up in high-res... I'll post a few low-res for the report thread when I get a few free minutes today or tonight.
      Cool...

I'm going to pull the steering tonight and attempting straightening it for my on-road driving, but I think after this bend I need to get something beefier before going off road again...
      Yeah, it's bent pretty good--really wouldn't hurt to brace it up with something; like I said, a piece of 1" x 1" x .25" angle iron stitch welded in place would do wonders for it--then you really could use it as a trail spare. If you're wheeling so hard you tweak your Curry steering beyond useability, you might be hard pressed to make it out with a stock setup anyway. I'm not sure how much I'd trust that thing for street driving, especially with those meats you have on there. Heck, if you can't get that angle iron welded up right away, you could buy a bunch of hose clamps--think of it as a splint.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

All better now (at least for the road):

I'll be ordering the currie setup soon. I'm waiting on a quote.

Comment

I'll be ordering the currie setup soon. I'm waiting on a quote.
          Here's a quote: "He who hesitates is lost."
          Oliver Wendell Holmes
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
            Here's a quote: "He who hesitates is lost."
            Oliver Wendell Holmes
            Haha, no hesitation, I just wanted to make sure my "guy" could get it cheaper than the net. It's been ordered, and will hopefully be here by the time I get back from Tahoe!

Comment

Working...
            X