Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need hardtop wiring help

Got an older hardtop for my 2003 Wrangler and a harness that mates to the top. Got most of it wired but I need help as the last couple wires dont match up to the installation instructions. Can someone reccomend a shop near LAX that could help me out?
    2003 gold , 1" coil spacer, body lift, motor lift, CBrack, JKS disconnects, grill/brush guard, winch, oil pan skid, gas tank skid, storage drawer, on board air, 33" tires.

Same Problem, we need to talk!

Originally posted by j762538
    Got an older hardtop for my 2003 Wrangler and a harness that mates to the top. Got most of it wired but I need help as the last couple wires dont match up to the installation instructions. Can someone reccomend a shop near LAX that could help me out?
    I have encountered the same problem with a new OEM hardtop that I purchased for my 2000 Wrangler. I have ordered both wire OEM harnesses from dealership, each with different part number ( 8220-5621 & 8220-7078) and neither will plug into the vehicles harness plug located behind the instrument pannel. The problem has been isolated to the unusual style of metal wire connectors at the terminal ends of the rear defroster swith su;;ied in both adapter harnesses that do not match up with the corresponding recepticles in the existing harness plug. No help from Chrysler..have been on the telephone with the Dealers Only Tech. Assistance Hot Line and the engineers there have been of no help. This is what I have found: The wire harnesses apparently come from an independent company in Wisconsin (DexM Corporation Tel: 262-251-8800/262-523-4670) that I am attempting to contact. Do not waste your time with Chrysler as they are a useless source for information. I spoke with one dealership that stated they attempted a similar retrofit several years ago and will never do so again. Apparently Chrysler has been aware of this problem for several years and has done nothing to correct same. You need to call the U.S. Department of Transportation complaint line at 1-888-327-4236 and let them know of your situation as I did. They have the power to MAKE Chrysler listen!

A good wiring tech can bypass the jeeps harness plug but if you ever have a problem such as an electrical fire, you have no recourse with Chrylser. Best to do this the correct way and obviate problems in the future.

Let me know what you find out and I will do the same. You can contact me here in AZ via e-mail at <intelsec@citlink.net> and then we can talk via the phone if desired.

I have been without my vehicle now for five weeks (still in the shop) and I am about to commit serious depridations upon the next representative from Chrysler/Jeep that I can find!

Good luck and stay in touch...now that we have found one another we have at least two verifiable cases attesting to this problem...the more people that DOT hears from the better for us!

Peter

Comment

Working...
    X