Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injection

Question: I removed my cracked banks eng. header from my 99 TJ once again, (for the third time)! I am replacing the injectors as well and upon removing the last connector off the fuel rail, the connector broke and now it wont snap back into place. What do I do?

I've been to three junk yards and no jeeps they carry has that specific connector. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you know anyone in San Diego. There's a junk yard there that has about 4 - 5 TJ's that have been wrecked or rolled.
    It's in the yards out by Brown field airport off the 905.
    There are several yards so you'll have to look.

Other than that check with the stealership or ebay maybe craigslist.
    [COLOR=black]1979 CJ5, 4" Lift, 33", TBI[/COLOR]

Comment

Parts

Hardrock 4x4. Here is the link.
      http://www.jeep911.com/shop/

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD View Post
        Hardrock 4x4. Here is the link.
        http://www.jeep911.com/shop/
        That's the place.

Comment

Thanks I'll definately check that place out! I heard that if I cut that connector and attach another, it would change the conductivity and the precision needed to fire the injector. Is this true? Should I just seat the connector and mickey mouse its attachment with some bailing wire?

Comment

You can splice a new or used connector on it, without any problems also the connector is not necesarily jeep specific. Try looking at some ford cars and match the connector. On the 2.5l engines they stick a lot of ford injectors in them so a good change the connectors of a ford will work lot more of those on Junkyards

Comment

To reduce the chance of voltage drop and or corrosion when you splice the injector wire back together. You should solder and heatshrink the wires.

Brett
              offroadwerkz.com
              (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

You can use the heatshrinkable butt connectors also, soldering works well but makes the wires hard when the solder wicks in. Could cause the wires to break because of the engine vibrations the best solution is to find what oem delaers recommend cold solder butt connectors. The kinda solder themselves when you crimp them is the best of both worlds

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  You can splice a new or used connector on it, without any problems also the connector is not necesarily jeep specific. Try looking at some ford cars and match the connector. On the 2.5l engines they stick a lot of ford injectors in them so a good change the connectors of a ford will work lot more of those on Junkyards
                  Ya, when I visited the junk yards, I also looked in the
                  Fords, but found nothing. I'll visit again and search through a few more!

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
                    To reduce the chance of voltage drop and or corrosion when you splice the injector wire back together. You should solder and heatshrink the wires.

Brett
                    Thanks, for sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrockGrimes View Post
                      It's in the yards out by Brown field airport off the 905.
                      There are several yards so you'll have to look.
                      Saying there are several in that area is kind of like saying there are several grains of salt in a salt shaker. Every time I go down to that area to look for parts, I'm amazed how many junkyards there are in a maze of streets and side streets. I wouldn't be surprised if the total number of junkyards wasn't over fifty in that small area.

It's good that TDS SD came up with the actual website for them, which I bookmarked. Thank you!
                      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Hey I said several........lol

Comment

Jeep junk yard

I've used them a couple of times.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the info!

Comment

Working...
                            X