Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't idle,,,sometimes

90% of the time she run's great. but once in a while it won't idle. if I disconnect the battery and reconnect it she runs fine again.WTF? oh ya it's an 03 rubi.

Any check engine lights? Possibly idle air control motor sticking.

Comment

Clean the interior of your throttle body with a good aerosol trottle body cleaner like from 3M. Concentrate much of the spray on the passenger-side of the throttle body where the air inlet is for the Idle Air Controller. The IAC is what provides all (!) of the engine's air at idle so rough idles can normally be traced to a dirty IAC.

If the above doesn't help, remove the IAC and carefully clean its plunger and the hole in the TB it fits into (idle air control passage inlet) with the TB cleaner and rag or toothbrush.

The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

You should check to see if the IAC is functioning. Remove it from the thottle body. With the wires plugged in turn your key to just before it cranks. The IAC should push out and return.
        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          You should check to see if the IAC is functioning. Remove it from the thottle body. With the wires plugged in turn your key to just before it cranks. The IAC should push out and return.
          I'd be a little wary of doing that. The IAC's plunger has been known to separate from the solenoid from doing that and it has been reported it can't easily be reattached.
          The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
            I'd be a little wary of doing that. The IAC's plunger has been known to separate from the solenoid from doing that and it has been reported it can't easily be reattached.
            I have check mine multiple times with no issues.
            Check out .

Comment

Working...
            X