Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage Drawer System for LJ's

Adventure Trailer has just released a new storage drawer product out of lightweight water resistant composite materials that are a fraction of the weight of a Tuffy box, and quieter.

Trying to get a group buy going so that we can get drawers specific to the 2004-2006 LJ platform at a decent rate.

LJ 12 Drawer unit
    Ext 12"H x 34.25"W x 20.25"L
    Int 10.25"H x 29.75"W x 18"L
    Single drawer, 250lb rated slides, locking slam catch
    Wt 37 lbs
    cost $505

There is also an 8.75" tall model if interested. Here is a sketch of what it would look like:

Here is a photo of a similar unit in the back of a Land Rover:

If you are interested, please PM me or email the guys at Adventure Trailer directly and let 'em know!
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Looks good, but the price @$505. seems a little steep. The Tuffy LJ drawer is a little more $$ than that and made of steel, more weight, but allot more durable.
    What exactly is this made of. Medium density fiberboard??
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I don't know exactly what it is made of, but I do not think it is wood based. I think it is more of a composite material.

So it's cheaper than the Tuffy, almost a third of the weight, much quieter, and won't rust when scratched. And, if you opt for the 8.75" high version, it's more compact, allowing more room for bulk storage (sleeping bags, pads, etc...) above them.

I don't see the downside.
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
      X