Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Question

Those who have used the stock heater, and went to a mojave heater or modded heat using blazer parts.

Which do you like better?
    Anyone have experience with both?
    [COLOR=black]1979 CJ5, 4" Lift, 33", TBI[/COLOR]

I can't talk about the mojave but I did the blazer upgrade and I noticed a huge difference. It works great. More then enough for the snow days in Big Bear.
    Check out .

Comment

Since my heater is already out I think that is the way to go.
      Where did you get your motor?
      New or used?

Comment

Someone show me a link or explain this "blazer upgrade"???

<----- idiot
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I bought the motor new from Napa. Make sure you get the right one. There is one with a short shaft and one with a long shaft. I think I have the part number at home.

Nick, Here is a link for this upgrade. Barb would love you for it. I have run the heater at fulll blast with the windows down in very cold temps and it kept us nice and cozy.

http://www.jeeptech.com/body/heater.html
          Check out .

Comment

That's the mod.
            I've heard it works great, and since my heater is already out and the blazer motor is like $20 new, I'll give it a shot.
            I'll let you know how it goes. I can even post up pic's if requested.

Comment

Hey, did anyone have that part number? Or if possible what the correct shaft length is?

Yes...it's cold here now. Need heat or something at least to keep the window from fogging up.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                Hey, did anyone have that part number? Or if possible what the correct shaft length is?

Yes...it's cold here now. Need heat or something at least to keep the window from fogging up.
                Nick,

I might be able to get it tonight off my unit but if you Google cj chevy blower upgrade you'll find a ton of info.
                Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                  Nick,

I might be able to get it tonight off my unit but if you Google cj chevy blower upgrade you'll find a ton of info.
                  I was reading about it on JeepForum.com...but the thread kept confusing me as to which part# was the correct one. I think it's the PM102 ($24.99 from AutoZone)...or the 35587 from Kragen (much cheaper at $19.99), but want to be sure I'm not looking at the longer shaft one (PM105 I think). Going into the city tonight, want to stop off at the Kragen and pick up the blower, maybe get this done by end of next week.

Comment

I put one of these on my CJ7 years ago and it seems to help get warm air to your feet better than the stock one:

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=8931
                    Rich

Comment

I went with the Summit version of the Mojave heater. I mounted it on the tranny hump, in front of the stick shifts. It works pretty good, but not at highway speeds!

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
                        I went with the Summit version of the Mojave heater. I mounted it on the tranny hump, in front of the stick shifts. It works pretty good, but not at highway speeds!
                        I've thought about the Mojave Heater option... Why not at highway speeds? I'm confused on that part...is the cab not covered?:dunno:

Comment

Check this thread:
                          http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/tr...63/heater.html

Also:
                          If you go to your local discount auto parts store, it is best not to confuse them with the truth. Ask them for a heater motor for a '73 Chevy Blazer with a 350 and air conditioning. The part is the same for all Blazers of that year regardless of engine size or air conditioning, but this is the normal stream of questions.

If you go to the junk yard for a motor, the heater motor you are looking for was used over several years in several different models. I don't have a complete part cross reference, but any motor out of a Chevy pickup, GM pickup, Blazer, or Jimmy should work from '71 to '76. The motor may have the part number "1312" on it.
                          Last edited by BrockGrimes; 12-20-08, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X