Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• led front lights

does anyone know how to hook up the 2 wire led to the 3 wire flasher on a 2001 tj and have at least the flasher working ??

When you go that route just play with the wires until it blinks, you will not be able to use it for parking light and blinker, just one. Sounds like you got the 2 inch round truck clearance light. I went to the 4 inch which has the 3 wire.

Comment

sorry its for the front .

Comment

Mine were for the front as well...

Comment

i got it to blink but when the headlights are on they dont blink

Comment

You have to make a choice, blinker or parking light, or put two lights in. You have to have the 3 wire to make it do both.

Comment

There is not enough resistance from the LED light. LED lights are not power robbers like real light bulbs. You may have to add a resistor to the circuit so the flasher will work.

Brett
              offroadwerkz.com
              (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

I am pretty sure without checking my jeep you got 3 wires 1 is ground 1 is +12v with running lights on and 1 is +12v on a flasher when blinkers on. You have to use 2 leds lights one for running lights and one for blinkers on each side. Or you can use 2 bosch relays (1 each side) or special flasher for just 1 led each side. I can wire it with relays but its easier and cheaper to just run two leds on each side. I have done some pretty neat stuff with bosch relays.But I do not recomend boschs spark plugs (reason I didnt go with you guys this saturday) lol haha NOT!
                Last edited by Jeeperator; 12-07-08, 07:02 PM.

Comment

If you are using for replacement park lights/turn signal it will have to be built in the actual led light as in the links. I wanted 2 inch lights but could not find any 3 prong ones. The guys above mentioned something that might or will work, this was the easiest way for me though.

2 prong led for clearance/marker (one function)
                  http://www.vehiclelight.com/9122.html

3 prong for stop, turn and clearance (multiple function)
                  http://www.vehiclelight.com/9124.html

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
                    There is not enough resistance from the LED light. LED lights are not power robbers like real light bulbs. You may have to add a resistor to the circuit so the flasher will work.

Brett
                    I understand you can get that resistance by changing the relay also.
                    '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

He allready said he got the leds to blink so resistance is not the problem. Most likely he has hooked up both positive wires and whem the running lights are off the blinker works but when he turns the runnning light on it just stays on because +12 all the time and overides the flasher. I could use a relay hooked up too the flashing + 12v to trigger the -neg ground to go on and off like a stock blinker.But like i said earlier run an extra led on each side is simpiler. This is the right type of light you need to get with 3 wires. http://www.vehiclelight.com/asl62300a.html
                      Last edited by Jeeperator; 12-08-08, 08:33 AM.

Comment

thanks guys , i ended up going the easy route using the side marker wires for the blinker and ran the old 3 wire socket inside the hood area so its hid from view

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
                          thanks guys , i ended up going the easy route using the side marker wires for the blinker and ran the old 3 wire socket inside the hood area so its hid from view
                          I didnt remember the two wire side markers blinked also duh!. Shoot! I just figured out that both my front side markers are not working. Burnt bulb and bad connection. Thanks Steve

Comment

You may have to add a resistor to the circuit so the flasher will work.

Comment

Working...
                            X