Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak back of T-case

I have oil coming out of the CV joint of the rear driveshaft, just back of the SYE. While driving it spreads it all over the tub, and while parked it drips a bit from the u-joints area. I have limited tools right now and the TJ is my DD, so I have to make sure I can get in there and fix it in a day. Any ideas on what is going on and how to fix this?
    [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Its either the seal or the nut came loose from the yoke. Since it drips from the u-joints, I'm going to guess the nut came loose and its leaking past the splines and threads. Take the drive shaft off and torque down on that nut.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Alrighty then Chris, I'll try that. Given my luck lately, it wouldn't surprise me if I can't get the driveshaft back on, but there is always FWD.
      [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Here is an add on for that if it leaks out of the inside of the yoke clean it all up with some brake cleaner when you have it apart and put a bead of rtv silicone on the inside of the yoke before you assemble it. Will keep this from happening again

Comment

Working...
        X