Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle seals

are axle seals like alloy usa makes worth the cash?

yes they are
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

It depends on how much money you've got. I was tempted to put the 90-$100 in them.
      That's over-kill for that kind of money; it might be needed if one had sand And mud to pack in there.
      I'm thinking about more useable novility items, like fuzzy dice to hang on the mirror, or a nice gps gadgit.
      '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

To me, they're not worth it or normally even needed. The part of the tube they seal isn't lubricated and no lube is even there. The only reason I'd ever install those seals is if I regularly did deep mud and wanted to keep the mud from getting all the way up inside the tube where it might screw with the inner seal.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
          To me, they're not worth it or normally even needed. The part of the tube they seal isn't lubricated and no lube is even there. The only reason I'd ever install those seals is if I regularly did deep mud and wanted to keep the mud from getting all the way up inside the tube where it might screw with the inner seal.
          Jerry is totally correct!!

Brett
          offroadwerkz.com
          (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Yea, but they look cool when you win them in a raffle.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
            X