Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "NO BUS" message and no gauges???

Hey all,

My 2000 TJ gauges have gone nuts. No speedometer, rpm, fuel, etc... gauges are working. I'll be driving and they turn on then off. The messages on the miles reads "No Bus." Does anyone know what the fix is? Is it expensive? Hope you all can help.

Thank,
    Roy

FWIW, if your gauges are flicking on and off, sounds like a ground short to me. I'm sure others may be able to give you more specific advice on what to do.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

On a TJ the dash takes its info from the computer(ecm)
      It communicates with the ecm on a pair of twisted wires (bus), these wires have a bad connection with the dash hence the no bus message. Try unplugging and plugging the connectors back in might just do the trick, or spray some electric cleaner on the connectors when you unplug them

Comment

Sweet, thnx for the info. I'll try that. Do you know if there are any instructions on how to unplug and clean the connectors? Where they are located etc...?

Comment

Have you recently taken the gauge cluster out? I believe I had this problem when I took mine out to replace a burned out light.

The trick was to clean out the connector and slightly "twist" the pins and use dielectric grease to make sure the connection was right.

Some people will also point fingers at the throttle position sensor, crank shaft position sensor and other electrical components.

Good luck!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I could send you by e mail part of a 1999 tj repair manual that relates to instrument cluster diagnosis is not a large file its a pdf I think its about 1/2 mb
            Just pm me with your e mail

Comment

Working...
            X