Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilby parts

well today was an early christmas for me. I got the new kilby t-case skid, full engine skid, and a front bumper.

Am happy with the quality and customer service they have. answered all my questions and showed me everything about what I had bought.

I got to see alot of their products. Also which was great got to see where they make all of their stuff. The tool I thought was awesome was the plasma machine. some kind of cad thing where it would automatically cut the parts out. Anyways got an awesome tour of their shop. got to see their machines in action as well.

Also checked out their company jeeps. the lj with the hemi and 60's was pretty trick.

anyways I got the belly done by them installed with NO body lift. So I was happy I didnt have to do a body lift or a motor mount lift.

Tomorrow I will be at dave's helping his install of his lift. Will take pictures of all this.

I am also going to wait for their tire carrier and stinger to come out.

I am debating picking up an OBA from them as well. The viair setup I have just doesnt work like I expected it to.

the price alone is a killer deal

http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/tj-esp-bsp.html
    Last edited by womb raider 940; 11-07-08, 11:17 PM.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

The TT and engine skid are really nice . . . I'm jealous as hell!!! Adding this to my list of mods but have a few other things to do first. I want to replace my stock front UCAs as that's the last stock part in my suspension and I'll probably get Kilby's front bumper and a winch soon but am kinda holding out for them to bring out the stinger that they had at the expo to go along with the bumper.

Can't wait to get Dave some clearance for those 33's!!! See you guys in the morning! I might stop by Harbor Freight on the way so let me know if you need me to pick anything up . . . figured I'd see about a big ole cresent wrench for my jam nuts on the Currie LCAs:dunno:
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

How low from the frame does it hang?

Comment

It's not flush with the frame, but close . . . I'd say it comes down an inch or two at the most. It's so smooth though that you don't have anything to get hung up on from the front of the engine all the way back it's just one smooth surface to slide on.

Comment

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
            How low from the frame does it hang?
            I will measure today and let you know.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Josh,

Where did you get the oil pan skid? The Kilby catolog doesn't show it.

Mitch

Comment

http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/tj-esp-bsp.html

there is the link. he just came out with these. so is on the front page of the website.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Very nice addition to your Jeep I bet you will appreciate the hole in the skid by the front driveshaft cv joint when you have to take the front shaft out its a biatch to do otherwise

Comment

man I gotta say after playing in calico today with this setup. I am happy. No more of the stock skid scraping on rocks. the clearance from it helps alot.

the hole where the driveshaft was a cool idea. I hope I never have to use it though. there is holes where the t-case drain is as well.

I tried to scrape it today but didnt happen.

Putting the 35's and this belly up skid works out perfect now.
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                      man I gotta say after playing in calico today with this setup. I am happy.

Putting the 35's and this belly up skid works out perfect now.

That being said, within a month, a half dozen things on his Jeep will have changed.

Comment

ha ha.

I am buying some 37's in december. and still need a cage. you wanna donate money to my jeep fund?
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                          ha ha.

I am buying some 37's in december. and still need a cage. you wanna donate money to my jeep fund?

That would be like giving candy to a diabetic, booze to an alcoholic, or meth to a tweaker. You have a problem . . . get some help!!!

Comment

Hey I'm new to the site and will introduce myself in a few.

How was the installation on a rubi without a body lift? Did you have to modify the body much? I'd love to see install pics if you have them.

I contacted Kilby and they were a little vague on the installation but I'm real interested in the setup.

Thanks for any info.

Chip

Comment

Hey Josh,

Sorry, but the "Jeep Fund" goes to those who don't have a job right now. So I'll take some upgrades to the stock D30 front end like axles, ARB locker, then the 35's. Oh yea, I'll need to re-gear. I guess I need a job.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X