Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome short wheel base rock crawler

if you had the time and funds to build a rig what would be your best set up for mainly off roading jeep TJ , without stretching and keeping the stock wheel base .....??

I think you are about half way there Steve. Bigger tires, stronger axles, bellyup, lower crawl gearing and maybe a suck down winch in the front. The body armor you are working so I think that pretty well sums it up.

Comment

ha art , what axles would you go with (housing and shafts) i have a 44 rear now with a upgraded shafts , and are dana 60 over kill would super beefed up 44's front and rear be good enough ??

Comment

If you're thinking rocks, why wouldn’t you want to lenghten the wheelbase?

Comment

a Dana44 would be ok for the front. I would leave the rear the way it is

Comment

In my little experience, and hanging around a bunch of guys that grew their Jeeps over the years, I think the first question is...Where do you plan on wheeling?

If youre building it to wheel in JV, dont be suprised when nothing else seems like a challenge for you anymore. If youre building it for Rubicon, Dusy, Moab, etc...youre probably fine the way you are. It sounds like its already built for Big Bear and the desert.

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

6-8" long arm suspension, Axles, 37s, gear-box (Atlas, Stack, Klune), and armor. But, if you had funds and time to do all that, it'd be a shame not to streach it.
              I'm content with a 4" short arm and stock wheelbase, I should had moved the fuel tank.
              '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

Working...
              X